Softwood lumber sawmill and wood chip operation
- Our La Sarre sawmill, with 150 employees, produces softwood (spruce, pine and fir) lumber and wood chips.
- The sawmill produces stud lumber, used mainly in construction.
- Learn more about our lumber business.
La Sarre is in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region
- La Sarre has a population of nearly 8,000 and is the service center for smaller nearby communities.
- Like most towns in the boreal forest region, La Sarre is surrounded by lakes and rivers, so the area is very attractive to those who like canoeing, kayaking, boating and fishing.
- Forest products is a major local industry, as is recreational tourism (e.g. hiking, hunting).
- The area is known for winter festivals and winter sports: cross-country skiing, curling, hockey and snowmobiling.
- La Sarre is an hour’s drive from the shopping and services of Rouyn-Noranda, a larger city.