Current openings in Béarn
Softwood lumber sawmill and wood chip operation
- Our Béarn sawmill, with 100 employees, produces softwood (spruce, pine and fir) lumber and also supplies our Temiscaming specialty cellulose operation with wood chips and biomass.
- The sawmill produces random-size lumber, which has a broad range of applications.
- A new biomass boiler, which provides energy for heating and wood kilns, has greatly reduced Béarn’s use of fossil fuels and emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Learn more about our lumber business.
Béarn is in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region
- Béarn, with a population of nearly 1,000, is a short drive to the shopping and services of a larger town, Ville-Marie, Québec.
- Like most towns in the boreal forest region, Béarn is surrounded by lakes and rivers, so the area is very attractive to those who like canoeing, kayaking, boating and fishing.
- Forest products is a major local industry, as is recreational tourism (e.g. hiking, hunting).
- The area is known for winter sports: cross-country skiing, hockey and snowmobiling.