Jobs in Chapleau
Softwood lumber sawmill and wood chip operation
- Our Chapleau sawmill, with 150 employees, produces softwood (spruce, pine and fir) lumber as well as wood chips.
- The sawmill produces random-size lumber, which has a broad range of applications.
- The site also uses biomass (e.g. bark, shavings, sawdust) to produce green steam used in sawmill kilns and to generate green electricity.
- Learn more about our lumber business
Chapleau is in Northeastern Ontario
- Chapleau, with a population of 2,200, is a four-hour drive north of Sault Ste. Marie.
- Like most towns in the boreal forest region, Chapleau is surrounded by lakes and rivers, so the area is very attractive to those who like canoeing, kayaking, boating and fishing.
- Forest products is a major local industry, as is recreational tourism (e.g. hiking, hunting).
- Chapleau Game Reserve, the world’s largest, is just north of the town – hunting is banned but hiking, camping, and fishing are welcomed.