Current openings in Cochrane
Softwood lumber sawmill and wood chip operation
- Our Cochrane sawmill, with 120 employees, produces softwood (spruce, pine and fir) lumber as well as wood chips.
- The sawmill produces stud lumber, used mainly in construction.
- Learn more about our lumber business.
Cochrane is in Northeastern Ontario
- Cochrane, with a population of 5,500, is the service center for the surrounding area.
- Like most towns in the boreal forest region, Cochrane is surrounded by lakes and rivers, so the area is very attractive to those who like canoeing, kayaking, boating and fishing.
- Forest products is a major local industry, as is recreational tourism (e.g. hiking, hunting).
- As you’d expect for a town whose mascot is a polar bear, the Cochrane area is well known for winter sports, and is close to a notable network of snowmobile trails.
- Cochrane is a just over an hour’s drive from the shopping and services of Timmins, a larger city.